Saturday, February 16, 2013

WHAT GIFT TO GIVE


WHAT TO GIFT
This is one question that frustrates many a party goers. Be it a birthday party, anniversary party or a house-warming function…when the invitation arrives, the mind goes puzzling over to find the perfect gift. It sometimes leads to frustration when the person hosting the party seems to have everything of if he or she is very choosy.

WILL IT BE USEFUL
This is another question I always ask myself when I need to gift someone something. I don’t want my gift to get tucked away in some cozy trunk or end up somewhere on the loft. Worse, I don’t want it to find the dust-bin or be gifted away! So, usefulness is a must.

RELEVANT GIFT
It is common sense that we definitely cannot gift an encyclopedia to a 3year old and cannot gift a squeaky toy to a 7 year old. That is the easy part, but what kind of book or toy to give a 7 year old is the tricky part. What if the ‘person to be gifted’ is about 60 years old? If it’s a lady and an Indian, I am sure she will still be glad to get a saree (sari) or a shawl. But, what if it’s a man? What could we possibly get him? Possibly a shirt? What if everyone gets him that? Oh, it is so confusing!

NO DUPLICATES
Like I mentioned earlier, what if everyone gets the person the same thing that we arrived at after putting our mind through a difficult maze? That thought is indeed frustrating. One way to ease your mind is to say ‘Big Deal’, let the person who gets it deal with it and go ahead with your plan. The other difficult option is to put your mind through the same mental agony again.

SOLUTIONS
There are many solutions to this problem, but let me assure you that the problem will not vanish with my solutions. It may just ease your mind a wee bit! I am going to try and make this process of selecting gifts a little more easier.
I am going to present the solutions in different posts from here. So, keep visiting to get wonderful ideas.
For a start, let me tell you something about puzzles.

PUZZLES
Human mind is inquisitive by nature. So, curious situation draws the human mind. Give anybody a wooden/metal/plastic puzzle and I assure you that person is going to be engrossed in it till it gets solved or till he gives up promising himself that he will give it a retry soon. Think on those terms till we meet again.
Visit the links here and have a look at a few of the metal puzzles and wooden(Bamboo) puzzles(click here) I am talking about. They look so simple, but believe me, they aren’t that simple. I am talking with experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Want To Buy This